JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse and in accordance with Agency policies. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care as defined in the state Nurse Practice Act.
- Implements plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST) to the registered nurse and/or Clinical Supervisor.
- Assists the physician in performing specialized procedures for treatment using aseptic techniques.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse. The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program. New graduates and LPN’s with experience within the last 2 years will be accepted.
- Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse in the state.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Valid driver’s license and CPR certification required. Recent physical and TB test required. Must be able to pass a BCI background check.